Group with Ages High School to Adult
Scheduling begins in early February for the farm volunteer sessions running mid-April through late October.
Volunteer Hours for Groups with Ages High School to Adult (April – late October)
- We offer 2-hour sessions in the morning or afternoon for groups with volunteers ages High School to Adult (generally age 15+, occasionally 14 years old).
- For 2021, the maximum group size is 10 people.
- As group leader, please request at least one date and time no less than 7 days in advance. Using our online form, you can also tell us about your group, your preferences and any special considerations.
- If your group has previously volunteered this season, you may ask the volunteer coordinator about scheduling multiple sessions, generally no more than 1 session per month.
- Typically within 2-3 business days of your request, you will receive a confirmation email with the date and time that best fits into the farmer’s plans.
- If we cannot accommodate your initial preferences, you will receive an email to reschedule for an alternate session.
- Several days before your session, you will receive a reminder.
- For corporate groups with a budget for employee volunteer group activities, we suggest a tax-deductible contribution of $500. Please make checks payable to Gaining Ground, Inc. and mail to Gaining Ground: Attn. Allison Goodwin, P.O. Box 374, Concord, MA 01742.
Please Notify Us If You Have to Cancel
- If you must cancel, please use the link in your confirmation email to notify us as soon as possible.
- When volunteers don’t arrive as scheduled, it’s difficult for our farm staff to plan the day’s work and it prevents us from offering the time to other volunteers.