Group with Ages High School to Adult
Scheduling begins in early February for the group farming volunteer sessions running mid-April through late October.
Volunteer Hours for Groups with Ages High School to Adult (April – late October)
- We offer 2-hour sessions in the morning or afternoon for groups with volunteers ages High School to Adult (generally age 15+, occasionally 14 years old).
- The maximum group size is 20 people. Contact us to make special arrangements if needed.
- As a group leader, please request at least one date and time no less than 7 days in advance. Using our online form, you can also tell us about your group, your preferences and any special considerations.
- If your group has previously volunteered this season, you may ask the volunteer coordinator about scheduling multiple sessions, generally no more than 2 per season per group.
- Typically within 2-3 business days of your request, you will receive a confirmation email with the date and time that best fits into the farmers’ plans.
- If we cannot accommodate your initial preferences, you will receive an email to reschedule for an alternate session.
- Several days before your session, you will receive a reminder email.
- For corporate groups with a budget for employee volunteer activities, we suggest a tax-deductible contribution of $500. Please make checks payable to Gaining Ground, Inc. and mail to Gaining Ground: Attn. Avery Indermaur, P.O. Box 374, Concord, MA 01742.
Please Notify Us If You Have to Cancel
- If you must cancel, please use the link in your confirmation email to notify us as soon as possible.
- When volunteers don’t arrive as scheduled, it’s difficult for our farm staff to plan the day’s work and it prevents us from offering the time to other volunteers. Kindly arrive promptly for your scheduled session.
Please share our Releases, Preparation and Directions document with your group and bring a completed Waiver Form with you when volunteering.