Group with Children; Group with Special Needs
Scheduling begins in early February for the farm volunteer sessions running early April through late October.
Volunteer Hours for Group with Children or Group with Special Needs (April–October)
|FRIDAY||10:00am–11:30 am, 1:15–2:45pm|
|SATURDAY||10:00am–11:30 am, 1:15–2:45pm|
- We offer 1.5 hour volunteer sessions for groups with children ages 5-14 or groups with special needs.
- These are scheduled either 10:00-11:30 am or 1:15pm–2:45 pm.
- We expect a ratio of 1 adult for every 4 – 6 children, depending on age and ability. We expect a higher ratio of adults for special needs groups, depending on abilities and needs.
- The maximum group size is 20 people (including adults and children).
- Please respect group size limits so that the experience is more meaningful and enjoyable for everyone involved.
- As a group leader, please request at least one date and time no less than 7 days in advance. Using our online form, you can also tell us about your group, your preferences and importantly, any special considerations or special needs.
- If your group has previously volunteered this season, you may ask the volunteer coordinator about scheduling multiple sessions, generally no more than 2 sessions per season.
- Typically within 2-3 business days of your request, you will receive a confirmation email with the date and time that best fits into the farmer’s plans.
- If we cannot accommodate your initial preferences, you will receive an email to reschedule for an alternate session.
- Several days before your session, you will receive a reminder email.
Please Notify Us If You Have to Cancel
- If you must cancel, please use the link in your confirmation email to notify us as soon as possible.
- When volunteers don’t arrive as scheduled, it’s difficult for our farm staff to plan the day’s work and it prevents us from offering the time to other volunteers.
Please share our Releases, Preparation and Directions document with your group and bring a completed Waiver Form with you when volunteering.