Our Response to COVID-19
Dear Friends of Gaining Ground:
In light of rapidly-evolving news pertaining to the COVID-19 virus, we want to assure you that now, as always, we are committed to the health and safety of everyone in our community, particularly the most vulnerable among us. As we prepare to launch a new growing season, we are exercising precaution to limit risk.
What We Will Do:
- Remain committed to our recipients and hunger-relief partners who rely on us as a source of fresh produce. We are adjusting our practices to comply with new recommendations and will continue to monitor and adjust as necessary.
- Follow recommendations from the CDC and public health authorities regarding hygiene, such as frequent hand washing, respiratory etiquette, and staying home while sick or falling ill.
- Increase our cleaning efforts, particularly with high-touch surfaces.
- Temporarily suspend volunteer opportunities at the farm through the end of April, at which point we will reevaluate.
What We Ask of You:
- If you’re not feeling well, please do not visit the farm.
- Your patience—Gaining Ground thrives on the support of thousands of volunteers to grow and harvest healthy produce for those who need it. We look forward to welcoming volunteer groups back to the farm as soon as it is safe to do so.
The well-being of our produce recipients, hunger-relief partners, volunteers, visitors, and staff are of paramount importance to us. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, follow the latest guidance from the CDC, and adjust our plans as advised.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 978-610-6086 or via email.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Elisabeth Elden, Board President
Jennifer Johnson, Executive Director